I’m a published author, patented developer, popular speaker at tech conferences, award-winning blogger, and well-known thought leader in the data industry.
I’m also an advisor on big data topics for large companies including Microsoft and Hortonworks, and I’ve been awarded as a Microsoft Data Platform MVP for the past 6 consecutive years.
Things I know about include:
- (big) data platform architecture
- (big) data engineering (Spark, Pig, Python, SQL)
- (big) data warehousing
- (big) data process automation
- feature engineering
- (big) data pipeline frameworks
- (big) data quality automation
- operationalizing predictive models
- prescriptive recommendation engines
Fun facts about me:
- I’m an extrovert, which is probably obvious if you’ve ever met me at a conference 🙂
- my first blog, sqlfool.com, exceeded 1 million visits in 2014
- I’ve lived in 13 cities across 7 states; currently, I live in Los Gatos, CA (Silicon Valley)
- my SQL Server scripts have been downloaded over 150,000 times across the world & are used by major companies such as Microsoft, SAP, & CitiBank
- Before starting a local SQL Server user group, I ran a 128-member World of Warcraft guild; running both groups is surprisingly similar!
- I like REALLY big data! I’ve worked with a 16TB SMP SQL Server database, 1PB Teradata appliance, & a 100PB Hadoop data lake
- I’m entirely self-taught: I had just completed an Associates in English when my part-time programming job turned into a lucrative full-time offer
- I built a SQL Server database that reached 27k TPS after the airing of the first-ever push-to-web Super Bowl commercial in 2009
- I’m a mom! One of her favorite activities is building Legos with her 2 amazing kids 🙂